Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Interested in a career in PA Education?
Here's your chance to learn more!
The Future Educator Fellowship (FEF) is an exciting year-long experience designed for PA students to:
Develop their skills in teaching, learner-centeredness, interpersonal and communication skills, and professionalism and role-modeling
Develop their skills in scholarship development and leadership
Have opportunities for interprofessional education and research to enhance the quality and design of PA education
1. Short Essays: Applicants will provide written responses to 7 prompts in 125 words or less.
2. Program Director Certification Form: This document is signed by your program director and confirms your ability to participate in the fellowship.
3. Faculty Mentor Form: This document is signed by a faculty mentor who you identify to help support your interest in PA education.
4. FEF Commitment Form: You must read and sign this form to acknowledge that you recognize the time commitment and effort required by the Future Educator Fellowship and that you understand the requirements for completion of the Fellowship.
Once you complete and finalize your application, the forms will be automatically sent to your program director and faculty mentor.
Your application is not complete until all forms are received!
Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
Completed application per instructions
Essay responses which clearly describe and demonstrate understanding of FEF's mission and objectives
Fellowship applicants are required to meet all of the following criteria:
1. You must be a current PA student (didactic or clinical) enrolled in a PAEA member program and in good academic standing as of October 2023.
2. Your program director must complete the certification form and agree that you can be released from classes or rotations in order to attend the fellowship.
3. If you are selected as a fellow, you are expected to attend the PAEA Education Forum in October 2023, October 2024, and participate in all fellowship activities.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
May 1, 2023 – Fellowship application opens
July 10, 2023 – Application closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. All application materials and forms must be received; any information received after this date will not be considered
August 31, 2023 – Notification of application status via email
October 11-14, 2023 – PAEA Education Forum in New Orleans, LA